Combining the iconic design of the original D-Series regulators with the latest advances in breathing performance technology, SCUBAPRO engineers have created a 21st century regulator in terms of quality, reliability, performance and style.
The new D420 features a brand new balanced valve inside a housing supported by a full metal structure. Called the Progressive Flow Control Valve, it is able to deliver abundant airflow for the best breathing performance, with a natural smoothness comparable to what you might experience breathing on the surface. The uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing is ultra-durable and allows the LP hose to be connected on either the right or left side for maximum rigging flexibility.
A new dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the casing with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve. The highly efficient purge button is a technical jewel based on a new concept that gives the D420 its unique face. Teamed with the venerable MK25 EVO balanced piston first stage, this is a regulator system purpose-designed for today’s avid divers and SCUBAPRO brand enthusiasts everywhere.
- Air balanced flow-through piston design delivers consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully insulates the inner mechanism from the environment, improving cold-water resistance by 30% and delaying ice formation in extreme cold-water conditions without compromising breathing performance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high-pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.
- Five high-flow and one axial super high-flow low pressure ports on a swivel turret maximise hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily.
- Weight: INT 232, 790g; DIN 300, 572g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >8500/301.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
- NEW. Uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing carries on the D-Series heritage with the latest advances in breathing performance technology.
- NEW. Air-balanced Progressive Flow Control Valve is able to deliver abundant airflow with a natural smoothness comparable to breathing on the surface.
- NEW. Dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the case with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve.
- NEW. Casing design features inner winglets that direct airflow towards the exhaust valve, creating a dramatic improvement in exhalation effort.
- NEW. Diaphragm is located in the lower section of the casing to take advantage of the pressure gradient in the upright position, making breathing even easier.
- Reversible hose attachment allows for either left- or right-side LP hose connections for maximum rigging flexibility.
- Large purge button is easy to reach and press, with or without gloves.
- Exhaust tee is compact and efficiently deflects bubbles from the diver's view while enhancing ease of exhalation.
- Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
- Compact Hi-Flow mouthpiece improves airflow as well as mouth comfort, fitting all mouth sizes, from largest to smallest.
- CE certified according the latest EN250A European Standards for all diving conditions, including extreme cold water.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 216g.
- Airflow at 200bar: 1800 l/min - 64 SCFM.
Click here and read our Blog about the Scubapro MK25!