A BCD is a vest that is connected to your body. A BCD is an abbreviation for Buoyancy Control Device. A BCD’s has an airbag, which you can control the buoyancy. This way you can stay afloat above the water surface without effort. When diving, it is important that a BCD has the right amount of air in it so you can dive or float above the watersurface.
Various functions of a BCD
During the dive a BCD has multiple functions. The ease of use of the BCD comes first, the diving cylinders can easily be attached to it. To efficiently use a BCD, there is also a weight system to keep you balanced.
Want to know more about dive masks? Read one of our blogs:
- Trim vests and stab jackets
- Mares BCD: for the professional diver
- Looking for a suitable BCD? Try Scubapro BCD
- Scubapro Hydros. Back to a modular system
- The BCD for travelers: Mares Magellan!
- Atomic Aquatics BC1, a new buoyancy compensator
- Zeagle Compensator
- Discover Tusa Tina: the latest women’s Buoyancy Control Device (BCD)
- OMS SmartStream Signature System
- EQ Pro, the buoyancy compensator from SEAC
- The new Apeks Exotec BCD’s
Need help with the purchase of a BCD?
Would you like more information about a BCD or need help with the purchase? Please feel free to contact us for more information. We are happy to help you with personalized advice. Order your BCD at Lucas Divestore and get the best quality products, the lowest price and fast delivery.