Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB
Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB Black titanium housing and black elastomer strap, compatible with rebreather and optional air transmitter
Suunto is pleased to unveil the world's first watch-sized rebreather-compatible dive computer, the Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB. Pronounced 'D ten' after the Roman numeral, it packs a number of ground-breaking features that divers have come to expect from the leading dive computer brand Suunto.
The Suunto DX is the very first of its kind to feature CCR compatibility. The premium design combined with the new, advanced Suunto Fused™ RGBM algorithm make it the ultimate tool for open circuit and rebreather divers.
Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB is a non-monitoring setpoint dive computer that works as a support computer for the rebreather. It also contains all the advanced dive functions for open-circuit divers such as trimix support including helium and oxygen, and gas switching between up to 8 gases to satisfy the needs of any diver.
The Suunto DX comes in a stylish look. With a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass, titanium case and optional titanium bracelet, it's extremely robust. As with all Suunto diving computers it went through a rigorous testing program, including over 1,000 field test dives.
Suunto Fused™ RGBM algorithm
What also sets the Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB apart is the new, advanced Suunto Fused™ RGBM algorithm that Suunto developed with Dr. Bruce Wienke. It seamlessly combines the benefits of the Suunto Technical RGBM with the latest full RGBM for deep dives. It has rebreather capability and supports dives down to 150m. With no input from the diver, Suunto Fused™ RGBM automatically switches between the two modes to effectively manage the risks of decompression sickness. The new algorithm provides a slow continuous ascent from depth so technical and deep divers have a shorter total decompression time. It is also suitable for recreational divers, helping to maximise bottom time and minimize ascent time, so they can get the most out of their hobby.
“We are very proud to launch the Suunto DX. It's a pioneering dive computer that is the perfect choice not only for rebreather divers but anyone who wants a stylish and premium product for their diving and everyday use," says Mika Holappa, Dive Business Unit Director at Suunto.
Suunto Ambassador and leading underwater explorer Jill Heinerth helped to develop the Suunto DX. “The Suunto DX is one of my support computers that go with my rebreather. It’s easy to integrate it into a rebreather dive plan, or any dive plan – open or closed circuit. It has one of the most accurate digital compasses, which I use to survey and make maps as well. It can really do anything, and it’s a beautiful, wearable watch. It has everything you need in a very small package, and it handles itself well under any conditions.”
The Suunto DX Black Elastomer + USB includes the following features:
FOR REBREATHER DIVING:
- A setpoint, non-monitoring dive computer with dedicated CCR mode
- Configure up to 3 different diluents
- Adjustable high and low setpoints, as well as custom setpoint during dive
- Automatic setpoints switching at specified depths
- Possibility to switch to open circuit mode in case of bailout
FOR ALL DIVING:
- New, advanced Suunto Fused™ RGBM for CCR, technical and recreational diving
- Trimix support including helium and oxygen
- Gas switching between up to 8 gases
- 3D tilt-compensated digital compass
- Five modes: CCR, air, mixed gas, gauge, and off
- Optional wireless air integration
- Built-in dive planner
- Detailed graphical logs and dive data on your computer using Suunto DM4 software
FOR EVERYDAY ADVENTURES:
- Stunning, compact design
- Hard-wearing premium materials:
- Titanium case and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass
- Optional titanium bracelet