The Aqualung LEG3ND ELITE gives divers unprecedented capabilities by providing perfect precision and enhanced ergonomics at your fingertips. Advanced divers appreciate the independent micro adjustments to fine-tune their own individual breathing preferences.
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication.
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry.
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen.
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment.
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2).
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm.
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced).
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density.
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material 'Soft Grip' surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage ‒ especially with cold hands.
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage.
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing.
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm.
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents.
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%.
- New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a 'soft touch' effect.
- Overmolded air purge.
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier.
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort.
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism.
- Air channel deflector.
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase.
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort.
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors.
Click here and read our Blog about the Aqualung Leg3nd regulator!