The MTX-R sidemount set is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere sidemount regulator configuration designed to meet the rigours of cold water and extreme sidemount diving. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field which make it an ideal choice for the expedition and exploration diver.
- Over balanced for superior performance.
- Compact environmentally sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling.
- Recommended for frequent use in cold or contaminated water.
- Environmental over-moulded endcap & diaphragm that helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- 5 x 3/8' UNF medium pressure ports & 2 x 7/16' UNF high pressure ports.
- The 5th 3/8' UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible.
- Simple to use with no dive controls, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer bumpers incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the demand valve.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the demand valve from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply.
- Hard wearing, satin chrome.
- All gas contact moulded parts are produced using an active protection additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- Large heat exchanger fitted to help reduce second stage freezing.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible