The 6G is an all-weather, rugged and reliable camera for all adventurers.
Take it mountain climbing, skiing, fishing and scuba diving - boasting a depth rating of 14m/46ft and drop impact resistance of 1.6m/5ft.
The camera will also function at temperature as low as -10℃/14°F.
5x zoom lens from wide-angle 28mm reproducing high-definition and crystal-clear images.
CMOS with 16 megapixels together with high-performance image engine to produce low-noise and wide dynamic range images.
Equipped with macro mode.
Enables you to bring the lens as close as 1cm/0.4inch to the subject without a close-up lens, enabling enlarged picture of a small objects.
Equipped with Underwater Mode for optimum underwater photos and videos.
This mode uses white balance optimized for underwater photos, making colors appear more natural by adding reds that tend to get lost in photos taken underwater.
Records High Definition video.
Records H264/30fps High Definition movie. As equipped with HDMI terminal (typeD), the camera can be connected to a television with ease.
Comes with Macro ring diffuser as standard.
Diffuses light from the built-in flash evenly, illuminating whole image when macro photo is taken.
Wide-angle conversion lens x0.6. Can be attached and detached underwater.
When the optional SS bayonet wide-angle conversion lens WCL06 is mounted, the angle of view will increase providing stunning images. When the bayonet mount is used, the lens can be attached and detached with ease, so as not to miss any critical shots.
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets for external strobes.
- Compatible strobes: YS-03, YS-D1 in slave TTL mode and YS-D2 in slave TTL mode or YS-D2 sold after May 2019(serial namber 170909685-and abobe) in DS-TTL mode (in customize mode - E position). *YS-01 is not compatible.
- Equipped with Flash Shutter Lever. When an external strobe such as YS-03 is used, light from the camera's built-in flash can be shaded.
55m / 180ft
165 x 93 x 61.5 mm / 6.5 x 3.7 x 2.4 inches
Approx. 412g / 15oz (Housing only) / 605g (including camera, battery, SDcard)
Under Water Weight
- Lens: RICOH lens, 11 elements in 9 groups (5 aspherical elements)
- Focal Length: 5 - 25 mm(in 35mm format equivalent) Approx. 28 - 140mm Maximum Aperture F3.5(W) - F5.5(T) Zoom Optical Zoom 5X Digital Zoom approx. 7.2X
- Intelligent Zoom: approx. 7.5X at 7M, approx. 36X at 640 (including optical zoom)
- Motion Blur Reduction: Still Pixel Track SR Hi-sensitivity anti-shake mode (Digital SR) Movie Movie shake reduction mode (Movie SR)
- Focus Type: 9-point AF, Spot AF, Auto tracking AF
- Focus Range: (From lens face) Standard: 0.5m - infinity / 1.64ft. - infinity (entire zoom range)
- Macro: 0.1 - 0.6m / 0.33 - 1.97ft. (entire zoom range)
- 1cm Macro: 0.01 - 0.3m / 0.03 - 0.98ft. (middle zoom position)
- Infinity-landscape, Pan Focus, Manual Focus: available
- Face detection: Face Detection AF&AE is available for all modes up to 32 faces. Smile Capture, Self-portrait Assist, Self-portrait Assist + Smile Capture, Blink Detection
- Pet detection: Detect up to 1 pet's face(auto)
- Number of Effective pixels: Approx. 16 megapixels
- Image Sensor: 1/2.3" CMOS
- Number of Recorded pixels: Still 16M(4608 x 3456), 12M(1:1)(3456 x 3456), 12M(16:9)(4608 x 2592), 7M(3072 x 2304), 5M(16:9)(3072 x 1728), 5M(2592 x 1944), 4M(16:9)(2592 x 1464), 3M(2048 x 1536), 2M(16:9)(1920 x 1080), 1024(1024 x 768), 640(640 x 480)
In Digital Microscope mode, recorded pixels is fixed to 2M(1920x1080).
In continuous shooting mode(High), recorded pixels is fixed to 5M(1600x1200) or 4M(2592x1464) per frame.
In Report mode, select from 3M (2048 x 1536), 2M (1600 x 1200) or 1280 (1280 x 960).
In Original Frame mode, recorded pixels is fixed to either 5M(2592 x 1944) or 4M(2592 x 1464).
Movie 1920 (1920 x 1080): approx. 30fps, 1280 (1280 x 720): approx. 60/30fps
- Sensitivity: (Standard Output Sensitivity) AUTO, Manual (ISO 125 - 6400)
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light(D:Daylight Color, N:Daylight White, W:White Light), Manual
- Display: 2.7" Wide LCD, approx. 230K dots, AR Coating(Cover only)
- Exposure Control: Metering System Multi-segment metering, Center-weighted metering, Spot metering
- Exposure Compensation: ± 2EV ( 1/3EV steps)
- Scene modes: Auto Picture, Program, HDR, Handheld Night Snap, Movie, High Speed Movie, Digital Microscope, Landscape, Flower, Portrait, Underwater, Underwater Movie, Interval Shot, Interval Movie, Surf & Snow, Kids, Pet, Sport, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Fireworks, Food, Digital SR, Report, Green
- Playback modes: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Small Face Filter, Ink Rubbing Filter, Collage, Digital Filter(B&W / Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature), HDR Filter, Original Frame, Movie Edit, Red-eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, Start-up Screen
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 - 1/4sec.(Mechanical and electronic shutter), 4sec at most. (Night Scene mode setting)
- Built-in flash Modes: Flash-on and Flash-off modes. "Red-eye" compensation function employs a pre-discharge.
- Flash Range: Wide:approx. 0.2 - 5.5m / 0.66 - 18 ft. (ISO Auto)
- Tele: approx. 0.2 - 3.5m / 0.66 - 11 ft. (ISO Auto)
- Drive Modes: One shot, Self-timer, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting, Remote Control, Auto Bracketing
- Storage Media: Built-in Memory (approx. 68MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Eye-Fi Card
- Power Source: Rechargeable D-LI92 lithium-ion battery
- Battery life Still*: approx. 300 shots (Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery)
- Playback**: approx. 260 min. (Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery)
- Interfaces: USB2.0(Micro-B), HDMI output terminal(Type D)
- Water proof / Dustproof Equivalent to JIS Class 8 waterproof and JIS Class 6 dustproof capabilities
- Dimensions: Approx. 122.5 (W) x 61.5 (H) x 29.5 (D)mm /4.8 (W) x 2.4 (H) x 1.2 (D) inches (excluding controls and projections)
- Weight: With battery & SD card Approx. 193g / 6.8 oz. (loaded and ready)
- Body: Approx. 173g / 6.1 oz.(without battery and SD memory card)
- Intelligent zoom not applicable under Report Mode
- Waterproof (Up to 14m (45ft.) for 2hours)
- Shock proof (Up to 1.6m (5.2ft.))
- Operating Temperature -10℃ to 40℃
- Eye-Fi Compatible
- Macro light
- Changing Folder name function supported
- HDMI Type D (Micro) port
- Remote control compatible
- Outdoor View Setting
*Recording capacity shows approximate number of shots recorded during CIPA-compliant testing. Actual performance may vary depending on operating conditions.
**According to the result of RICOH IMAGING in-house testing.
Includes: Macro Flashlight Diffuser with Strap, Hand Strap for DX-6G, Power Adapter, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, Macro Stand, USB cable,Strap for 6G, Silicon Grease, O-ring Remover