The Leg3nd Elite Limited Edition gives divers unprecedented capabilities by providing perfect precision and enhanced ergonomics at your fingertips. Advanced divers appreciate the independent micro adjustments to fine-tune their own individual breathing preferences. The LEG3ND Limited Edition is extremely exclusive, with only 960 units made available. For the first 10 years of ownership, with a maintenance every 2 years, you will benefit for free spare parts contained in the maintenance kits for your regulator. The maintenance will be carried out by an authorized Aqualung workshop.
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication.
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry.
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen.
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqualung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment.
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2).
- The new overmolded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm.
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density.
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands.
- Channeled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage.
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing.
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm.
- Radial openings to prevent freeflows when diving in stronger currents.
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%.
- New overmolded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect.
- Overmolded air purge.
- Wide surface area makes regulator purging easier.
- Purge depth controller optimizes air flow with minimal effort.
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism.
- Air channel deflector.
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase.
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort.
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors.
|Specifications First Stage|
|Type of first stage||Overbalanced diaphragm design|
|Auto-Closure Device (ACD)||Yes|
|Number of HP ports||2|
|Number of MP ports||4|
|1st Stage Flow Rate||1500 l/min|
|1st Stage Weight in DIN||747 g|
|1st Stage Weight in Yoke||957 g|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Permanent|
|First stage exterior||Chrome over marine brass|
|Specifications Second Stage|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Mouthpieces||2ea. – A Comfo-Bite, installed, and a standard with bite wings in the box|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Standard on all models|
|2nd Stage Weight||227 g|
|Hose length||730 mm|
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores||Avg. 0.70 joules/liter|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes, to 40% O2 when new, out of the box|
Click here and read our Blog about the Aqualung Leg3nd regulator!