AquaLung Calypso is an entry level regulator with much lighter weight, higher performance, quieter and reliable.
Worthy descendant of series Calypso, Ranger and Club. Components of the elements are compatible with previous models.
The Aqualung Calypso offers an excellent all-round breathe, which can be adjusted via the Venturi system. It has a good-looking and modern design and the first stage setup places hoses where they need to be and it’s easy to attach to the tanks. The Calypso is hard to beat when it comes to longevity.
- The Calypso is compact, easy to pack and easy to store.
- The high-flow piston technology ensures excellent reliability and high performance.
- Enjoy more stable medium pressure out thanks to the large diameter piston.
- Designed with large holes in end caps for easy cleaning and better thermal exchange and improved resistance to freezing.
- Built with few components for easy maintenance.
- Includes a second filter, which can be change without dismantling and provides increased protection from polluted air.
- For dive centers, a numbered sticker can be used to identify the regulator, easing the renting and tracking process.
- Avoid water retention with the open yoke screw.
- The dust cap adjacent to the body protects the yoke inlet fittings against shocks.
- The unique Comfobite mouthpiece, with patented roof of mouth bridge, reduces jaw fatigue.
- The removable and reusable clip facilitates quick and easy mouthpiece changes.
- With few components and easy access to the exhaust valve through a clipped deflector, maintenance is easy.
- The in-line Venturi knob offers effective and progressive adjustments using an ergonomic design for easy manipulation, even with gloves.
- The polyurethane purge cover offers significant abrasion- and tear-resistance, protects from shocks, allows for easy water purging, and decreases inhalation effort.
- Side openings prevent free flow when facing into currents or riding a scooter.
- Reinforced polycarbonate makes the second stage stronger.
- The Deflector splits up bubbles to decrease noise and protect the valve from expiration.
|1st stage technology||Piston, unbalanced|
|Maximal working pressure||232 bar|
|ACD system||Transformation kit available|
|Number of HP ports||1 (7/16" UNF)|
|Number of MP ports||4 (3/8" UNF)|
|Medium Pressure||8.8 bar to 10 bar (127 psi to 145 psi)|
|Flow rate (surface, hose)||1300 l/min (45.9 cubic feet/min) HP = 200 bar (2900 psi)|
|Body||Marine brass, bright chrome plating|
|Conical filter||Sintered bronze|
|2nd stage technology||Unbalanced|
|Mechanism||Demand valve, downstream poppet|
|Cracking effort||2.5 to 4 mbar (36 to 58 mpsi)|
|Venturi adjustment knob||Yes|
|Box bottom, deflector, Venturi vane||ABS|
|Mouthpiece, exhaust valve, diaphragm||Silicone|
|Adjustable crown||Stainless steel|