The XTX40 regulator can be converted from a right handed hose configuration (as supplied from the APEKS factory in the standard) to a left handed one. This feature is known as the Reversible Venturi System (RVS). Changing the regulator to a left handed configuration is both quick and simple and can be performed by any APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
- The XTX40 regulator incorporates the new feature of Diver Changeable Exhausts system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice of the wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference(essential for underwater photography) and the narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator (ideal for use as an octopus regulator).
The XTX40 regulator incorporates a new two-shot high strength plastic front cover, improving the durability of the most vulnerable part of the demand valve.
- The new ergonomic Venturi lever of the XTX40 has been designed to reduce the amount of grit ingress.
A new swivel hose connection is available at an extra cost. This allows the demand valve end of the hose connection to rotate and pivot, providing a more comfortable fit.
- A new silicone exhaust valve has been used on the XTX40 regulator improving breathing performance.
Performance is calculated by plotting and recording this cycle. The inhalation line begins on the right hand side and runs along the bottom to the left. The first oscillation (termed the cracking spike) represents the effort required to initially open the valve and begin air delivery. Even at this testing depth the graph shows the low Work Of Breathing (WOB), indicating the diver is expending almost no energy in maintaining air flow. The cycle continues and the upper line (left to right represents the WOB whilst exhaling (greater due to increased gas density at depth). The total WOB is calculated by measuring the total area within the loop - 0.85 Joules per Litre, which reflects high performance at an exceptional price.
- Swivel turret body
- 4 medium pressure ports, 4 x 3/8" UNF
- 2 high pressure ports, 2 x 7/16" UNF
- Environmentally dry sealed system
- Polished chrome finish
- Balanced for superior performance
- Integrated venturi control
- Pneumatically balanced valve design
- Suitable for cold water use
- Bright Chrome Finish
- Right or Left hand hose configuration
- Two shot plastic front cover
- Changeable Exhaust Tees (DCE, Diver Changeable Exhaust) (only one set supplied)
- New Optional Extra Hose Swivel connection